Cabin Filter Replacement

Forums Model 3 Cabin Filter Replacement

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Samir Muranjan
    Participant

Individual Member

So I replaced the cabin filter(s) using ones that I had bought from Amazon. The good news is that it was successful and the amazon filters were identical to the Tesla ones in every way at a much lower price.

One snag I ran into was removing the electrical connector for the speaker in the foot well cover. Could not figure out how that gets removed as there is not a clip in sight. Not sure if that was just my own experience but wanted to make others aware that this is something you might run into. I was able to rest the foot well with the carpet base so it would not move and it worked.

Another tip that helped me was to remove the right side panel from the bottom instead of the top like the Tesla directions say. Removing from the top as Tesla instructs is much harder than removing from the bottom as the instructions in my amazon filter suggested and seems logical based on the snap enclosures.

Finally 1.2 Nm/0.89 ft-lbs seems like it should not matter to the T20 screw as along as you do not over-tighten it or keep it loose.

20 minutes later, I had the work complete. Your experience may vary a bit in either direction. Post back if you came across any other helpful tips.

TeslaKen
    Keymaster

Individual Member

Next time please consider taking photos of the process and sharing in an Article here for our Articles section.

Samir Muranjan
    Participant

Individual Member

Next time please consider taking photos of the process and sharing in an Article here for our Articles section.

Tesla’s official website had good photos of the whole process and I was following those, so didn’t take photos of my own work. Well, lesson learned that everything is not as it seems so I will take your advise for future installs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Model 3 Cabin Filter Replacement

Skip to toolbar