HELP!!! I’M STRANDED IN THE SUPERCHARGER BLACK HOLE-SEND HELP ASAP

Forums Model S HELP!!! I’M STRANDED IN THE SUPERCHARGER BLACK HOLE-SEND HELP ASAP

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mark Lodes
    Participant

Individual Member

The panhandle of Oklahoma to be specific, in the town of Guymon, OK. I am hundreds of miles from th enearest supercharger, and I knew I would be, so I prepared ahead, and planned well, or so I thought. Then after trickle charging at 4 mph at the hotel here in town last night, I ventured out to try the RV park’s 50 amp NEMA 1450 and wha wha, my adapters fit, but all of the sudden, the Mobile Connector I rarely use conked out on me. It won’t open my charger door, and my car suddenly doesn’t even recognize its presence. I am now officially 11 miles from no charge, and I have no known places to charge (Tesla Chargers) I can reach, unless somebody comes to town and rescues me with their mobile charger. I’m waiting for my lady to mail my second one from home, but seriously, Liberal Kansas is the nearest Tesla Charger. There is a CHAdeMO in town but I don’t have an adapter, so if you do and you are passing through, which you aren’t, unless you are a hero… (I know this because the new charger in town was so desoloate and dust covered and unused that… well anyway you get the idea… MEMBERS…. come save me, or reach out to the Owners Club of OK to send help, or Northern Texas, I simply don’t care, but seriously, I called tech support and they were like, well, tow your car to Denver and we’ll look at it. Nothing is wrong with my car. Something is wrong with my Mobile connector, and seriously, I’m stuck here without help. Send help to the Best Western Plus hotel in Guymon, OK. I’ll be here resting in the summer heat next to my dying car until death do one of us part, or you help me, or Tesla changes their mind and sends a tech, because they said I’m out of range of mobile service…. and there’s no way I’m having my car towed 500 miles when I know all I need is a good pluug. Ack! I’m not spending $500.00 on a fucking adapter. Never. I swear. What the fuck.

TeslaKen
    Keymaster

Individual Member

So how did this adventure end up?

Mark Lodes
    Participant

Individual Member

so it turns out that somehow water got into the push button on my mobile connector causing the pushbutton to fail which caused the cable to never charge. I had my girlfriend send me my other mobile connector from home in the mail. while I was waiting for a few days we had sun and hot weather which tried out the water in the pushbutton enough for the cable to begin to function. luckily my hotel had 110 outlets the best Western plus in Guyman if anyone ever get stuck there. A better option just south of town off of the highway was a mobile home park of which there were two A better option just south of town off of the highway was a mobile home park of which there were two However my mobile connector did not work there either as the problem was with the pushbutton and water having collected Causing a short circuit in the low-voltage circuit board beneath the push button causing a short circuit in the low-voltage circuit board beneath the pushbutton I called Tesla for support to diagnose the problem however Tesla did not have a solution other than to have my car I called Tesla for support to diagnose the problem however Tesla did not have a solution other than to have my car towed to the service center in Denver so they can diagnose the problem and discover whether or not it was my car or the cable that was the problem. I could feel the push I could feel the push button felt differently than it usually did. so the day that my replacement cable arrived the defective cable started working again. But only after I pushed very very hard so hard I was sure I was going to break it but only after I pushed very very hard so hard I was sure I was going to break it. So I was able to cane 40 miles a night so I was able to cane 40 miles a night at the hotel and finally escaped town after a few weeks. there is a guy who discusses the water in the charge cable issue in detail on YouTube I’ll share a link later in the meantime I would recommend not leaving your mobile connector out in the rain as they are only covered for the vehicle warranty. Once you’re outside of that the cable is no longer under warranty. my cable is six years old and I do charge an inclement weather. So if you use a mobile connector in inclement weather Watermain leak in overtime causing you to have an additional expense of a new mobile connector so if you use a mobile connector in inclement weather Watermain leak in overtime causing you to have an additional expense of a new mobile connector

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Model S HELP!!! I’M STRANDED IN THE SUPERCHARGER BLACK HOLE-SEND HELP ASAP

Skip to toolbar