I want to do something just like this ^^^

Forums TOC KC Forum I want to do something just like this ^^^

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Kugler
    Participant

At the top of the forum is a opaque image of a rally (of some sorts)

2021-06-05_16-39-55

We invented and host the oldest Indian Motorcycle rally in the nation and I would love to do something similar to this with Teslas. As our resort is on Indian Point, I am seriously thinking of calling it the Tesla Rally on Indian Point (TRIP) or even the “Tech Rally”.

If we were to try to implement something like this, would there be interest in the community? We are 100% on board with green energy and were even won the Green Energy award from the city of Branson in 2016.

The time would be somewhere in the last 3 weeks of August and we could see about getting the word out to other large communities to join in as well. Nothing would make my heart swell more than seeing 50 Teslas in one area for a party.

Mike

Leanne Wiedemann
    Participant

Individual Member

Does sound like Fun! That is near Branson, right? You might want to also post to the Facebook site as well to get some other feedback! I am already heading out of town those weeks at the end of August unfortunately.

Michael Kugler
    Participant

Good morning, yes we are located about 4 miles outside of the city of Branson pretty close to silver dollar city. I have no idea about the Facebook groups or those that exist and which ones would be the ones to join. I’m very new to all of this but am eager to learn more.

TeslaKen
    Keymaster

Individual Member

At the top of the forum is a opaque image of a rally (of some sorts)
    2021-06-05_16-39-55
    We invented and host the oldest Indian Motorcycle rally in the nation and I would love to do something similar to this with Teslas. As our resort is on Indian Point, I am seriously thinking of calling it the Tesla Rally on Indian Point (TRIP) or even the “Tech Rally”.
    If we were to try to implement something like this, would there be interest in the community? We are 100% on board with green energy and were even won the Green Energy award from the city of Branson in 2016.
    The time would be somewhere in the last 3 weeks of August and we could see about getting the word out to other large communities to join in as well. Nothing would make my heart swell more than seeing 50 Teslas in one area for a party.
    Mike

Mike,
    That image is from the Great Car Show held at the Liberty Memorial which benefits the KC Auto Museum and the WW1 Museum through our participation. Tesla clubs per Tesla have strict rules about doing events at businesses where the business stands to benefit and where it may be seen that Tesla is supporting the business. The exception to this is if the business in question is a sponsor/advertiser with the club and that relationship is publicly known. So, for example, Solar Planet is one of our sponsors/advertisers and if Solar Planet wants to hold an event to talk about Solar and possibly pick up some sales then that’s OK. We wouldn’t be able to hold an event at your business/lodge where your lodge would be benefitting from a bunch of Tesla owners staying there unless the lodge were to become one of our advertisers/sponsors of the club. Tesla makes exceptions for places like a restaurant, if the club wants to hold a meeting at a restaurant then it can do so without the restaurant being an advertiser/sponsor because it is usually a one-off and the amounts are smaller. There are some other exceptions but since the process of submitting to Tesla for approval takes time and sometimes requires extra work, we typically shy away from anything that doesn’t involve a sponsor/advertiser. Hope that helps, happy to discuss on the phone if you wish or email me directly at ken@teslakc.net
    Thanks!
    Ken

Michael Kugler
    Participant

Appreciate the input Ken and it makes sense honestly. That is one of the reasons I pondered naming the event Tech Rally instead of Tesla. Obviously there are a ton of new and exciting developments coming in the next few months – graphene – solid state – better panels – etc. Tesla will hold the helm steady for the next few years but with the release of dozens of new vehicles the world is about to get flipped upside down on dino fuel. 🙂

All the best, Mike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums TOC KC Forum I want to do something just like this ^^^

Upcoming Events

Skip to toolbar