Kansas City Maker Faire – June 22 and June 23: need cars & PEOPLE!

Forums TOC KC Forum Kansas City Maker Faire – June 22 and June 23: need cars & PEOPLE!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Mat Miller 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Sharon
    Participant

Family Membership Plan

We have been invited to bring a few vehicles to the Kansas City Maker Faire on June 22 and June 23rd. We will have a chance to share our love of our Teslas to about 15,000 PEOPLE over two days time! ***A great way to hand out a lot of referrals and have fun!!!***

Never been to Maker Faire? Watch this short video: https://kansascity.makerfaire.com/about/
    TIME and SUCH: https://kansascity.makerfaire.com/tickets/

Tesla Owners Club Members (adults only) that sign up to volunteer will get free tickets for the day
    (if we get additional tickets offered, I will update this post; so keep watching)

We will need on SATURDAY: (we will need backup vehicles just in case)
    (1) Model S and owner(s) of vehicle
    (2) Model X and owners of vehicles (willing to demonstrate the holiday show/easter egg) — hourly is preferred
    (5 additional people 9:30 am to 2:00 pm) to talk about Teslas
    (5 additional people 1:30 pm to 6:30 pm) to talk about Teslas

We will need on SUNDAY: (we will need backup vehicles just in case)
    (1) Model S and owner(s) of vehicle
    (2) Model X and owners of vehicles (willing to demonstrate the holiday show/easter egg) hourly is preferred
    (5 additional people 9:30 am to 2:00 pm) to talk about Teslas
    (5 additional people 1:30 pm to 5:30 pm) to talk about Teslas

You can spend the rest of the time on your own viewing the booths, exhibits, eating, watching the Power Wheels Racing (this is what I have done every year). It’s a great event!

VERY IMPORTANT: the vehicles MUST arrive prior to 9:00 a.m. (it may be earlier, I will verify) and they MUST STAY UNTIL AFTER the event closes (5:30-6:00 pm).

We will have our Model 3 there as we will be bringing items for the Tesla exhibit as well as another one out near our Tesla Exhibit.

PLEASE REPLY BELOW —
    1) vehicle if desired to show (which day)
    2) volunteer (if not accepted as vehicle display) give which day (or both if desired; we will sign up for one per person unless we are short on people) and your choice of shift (or let us know if you are flexible or would be willing to do both)

NOTE:
    1) First vehicle replies will get registration information. We will take a vehicle backup registration just in case for each one.
    If we don’t get both Model X vehicles on both days, then an S or a 3 may replace them (so sign up as a backup).
    2) First volunteer replies get first choice of day and time.
    3) Dual Owners of a vehicle may either split the day, stay all day with their vehicles, or hand a “card” to a trusted member to display the vehicle to attendees in their absence.

OTHER NOTES:
    1) Do we have any “live track videos” that are about (or could be edited beforehand) 5 minutes in length?
    2) Do we have any other videos by our Members (including the Model X show that could be played in-between times)?
    3) Would someone be willing to put the videos together to display on some monitors in our booth?
    4) Anyone have monitors (with stands) that would be willing to bring them so people can watch and learn about Tesla vehicles?
    5) Anyone have informational posters to display?

Please feel free to bring business cards to hand out with your referral codes listed on them. Bring plenty — you did see that last year they were expecting 15,000 people to attend (you need more than a handful of cards)?! We CANNOT sell anything or they will charge us for the booth.

Bring: a chair/lawn chair, cooler with non-alcoholic drinks and lunch if desired (or can eat there), sun tan lotion, and referral cards. You can bring your family, but we will only have enough free tickets for the adults that sign up (18 and older). FYI: We will need each participant to sign the Maker Faire Release form to get their ticket. MORE INFORMATION TO COME.

Questions? Let me know below. More information will come (and some things may be subject to change as more information is provided to us).

Thank you!!

TeslaKen
    Keymaster

Individual Member

I have track videos on my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/driving_tesla that we can use

1 user thanked author for this post.

Zach Kurth
    Participant

Individual Member

I am happy to have my Model 3 as either display or backup. I am free both days to attend to discuss about the cars and hand out information.

Dan
    Participant

I can volunteer any of the shifts except for Saturday afternoon.

Sharon
    Participant

Family Membership Plan

I am happy to have my Model 3 as either display or backup. I am free both days to attend to discuss about the cars and hand out information.

Zach! Sorry I took so long….I got in the middle of a reply and got interrupted and forgot to press send! That would be great! Let’s get you signed up with your Model 3! Can you email me at skmehl AT yahoo DOT com and I will send you the link!

Sharon
    Participant

Family Membership Plan

Zach! Sorry I took so long….I got in the middle of a reply and got interrupted and forgot to press send! That would be great! Let’s get you signed up with your Model 3! Can you email me at maker.tesla@judgementgaming.com and I will send you the link!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Sharon. Reason: edited email address

Sharon
    Participant

Family Membership Plan

I can volunteer any of the shifts except for Saturday afternoon.

Hi Dan!

Thanks for volunteering. How long and which day(s) do you want to help out? Excited to hear you want to participate.

Please send me your name and email address to maker.tesla@judgementgaming.com and I will get you registered and give you an update on how to get the free entrance ticket.

Mat Miller
    Participant

Family Membership Plan

I’m interested in helping as well either Saturday or Sunday (prefer Saturday). I’m happy to bring my car as well if needed. I have a Red Model 3 Performance with FSD and black interior.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums TOC KC Forum Kansas City Maker Faire – June 22 and June 23: need cars & PEOPLE!

Skip to toolbar