License Plate Frame Group Buy

Forums TOC KC Forum License Plate Frame Group Buy

This topic contains 36 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  TeslaKen 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

TeslaKen
    Keymaster

Individual Member

A decade ago I used a company to make custom license plate frames for another car group I was part of. Everyone really liked them because they were solid stainless steel (won’t rust) and were laser etched with the logo of our club. I had them mock up something for the Tesla Owners Club of Kansas City and am attaching a mock-up picture. The frame would be polished/shiny stainless steel and the laser etched parts look sort of “frosted” very similar to the plastic Tesla license plate frames most of us got with our cars. The cost will be somewhere around $30 but depends on how many of them we order. If you are interested please reply with your interest so we can keep a running list. I will get the list started:

1) Ken
    2) Rod
    3) Michael
    4) Leanne
    5) Sharon
    6) Bruce
    7) MaryAnn
    8) Al Pugsley
    9) Gary Cooper
    10) Chris Minshall
    11) SGMom3
    12) JoshT

License Plate Frame Mock Up

• This topic was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  TeslaKen.
    • This topic was modified 9 months ago by  TeslaKen.

Rod Guzman
    Participant

Individual Member

Definitely interested

Rod

Michael J. Danberry
    Participant

Individual Member

I am interested. Michael Danberry

Leanne Wiedemann
    Participant

Individual Member

I am possibly interested!

Sharon
    Participant

Family Membership Plan

I am interested! Do you have pics of what the other choices would look like (to give us an idea)? Though I really like the black.

TeslaKen
    Keymaster

Individual Member

I am interested! Do you have pics of what the other choices would look like (to give us an idea)? Though I really like the black.

No since they only have made 1 prototype currently which is the one they sent me for the article. I’ve put them in touch with Tesla HQ for getting some different fonts and other style elements from Tesla and if another test design comes out I will post it here.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Sharon
    Participant

Family Membership Plan

A decade ago I used a company to make custom license plate frames for another car group I was part of. Everyone really liked them because they were solid stainless steel (won’t rust) and were laser etched with the logo of our club. I had them mock up something for the Tesla Owners Club of Kansas City and am attaching a mock-up picture. The frame would be polished/shiny stainless steel and the laser etched parts look sort of “frosted” very similar to the plastic Tesla license plate frames most of us got with our cars. The cost will be somewhere around $30 but depends on how many of them we order. If you are interested please reply with your interest so we can keep a running list. I will get the list started:

1) Ken

2) Rod

3) Michael

4) Leanne

5) Sharon

6)

License Plate Frame Mock Up

Any updates on purchasing the license plate?

TeslaKen
    Keymaster

Individual Member

The design changed a little bit, I will have to see if I can get the latest design posted here, as well as I think we need at least 10 people so I was hoping more would jump in on this.

TeslaKen
    Keymaster

Individual Member

Here is the latest updated version to past muster with TOC HQ:

Sharon
    Participant

Family Membership Plan

So they won’t allow the group logo on the license plate frames? I might make my own custom plate frame if so. I think the “Tesla Owners Club” should be larger; otherwise from a distance it would look like “Kansas City”…IMHO.
    Thanks for the update.

TeslaKen
    Keymaster

Individual Member

No it isn’t that the TOC won’t allow it, the suggestion was that the text in the logo becomes too small to read at any meaningful distance so the latest version left it off. However, there is no reason why we cannot have multiple versions and people can just order the version they like best. Here is the version with the logos:

Attachments:

Bruce
    Participant

Family Membership Plan

add Bruce and Mary Ann to the interested list please

1 user thanked author for this post.

TeslaKen
    Keymaster

Individual Member

Hey we need a few more people so we can do this group buy, please respond if you are interested in a custom plate frame.

Gary Cooper
    Participant

Individual Member

I’m in if it is black

Chris Minshall
    Participant

Individual Member

Count me in.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums TOC KC Forum License Plate Frame Group Buy

Skip to toolbar